Try avoiding these foods over the holidays and always! After this research, I may become vegan.
- Milk Linked to Infertility; Ironic?
- Cattle are fed rBGH and rBST, synthetic hormones, to get more meat out of the cow
- Found in: American milk and dairy products
- Banned in: European Union, Japan, Australia, China, New Zealand and Canada
- Health Hazards: Infertility, weakened muscle growth and many cancers (and it is harmful to the cows!)
- Arsenic-Laced Chicken
- Fed to chickens to make their meat appear pinker and fresher
- Found in: Poultry
- Banned in: European Union
- Health Hazards: Arsenic is POISON. If you eat enough it will kill you.
- Flame-Resistant Beverages
- Brominated Vegetable Oil (BVO) makes food coloring stick to liquid; Bromine is a toxic chemical used in flame retardant
- Found in: Sports drinks, energy drinks and citrus-flavored drinks
- Banned in: Over 100 countries
- Health Hazards: Thyroid issues, schizophrenia, autoimmune disease, birth defects, organ damage and hearing loss
4. Petroleum-Based Food Coloring
- Food without color is less appealing, so fake dyes are used; made from petroleum (also used to make gasoline, diesel fuel, asphalt and tar!!)
- Found in: Many foods, cake mixes, sports drinks, cheese, candy and macaroni and cheese
- Banned in: Norway, Finland, Austria, France, and the United Kingdom
- Health Hazards: Brain cancer, nerve deterioration, and hyperactivity in children
- Toxic Bread
- Potassium Bromate (Bromated flour) is used to reduce baking time
- Found in: Rolls, wraps, flat bread, bread crumbs and bagel chips
- Banned in: Europe, Canada, Brazil and China
- Health Hazards: Kidney and nervous system disorders, cancer and gastrointestinal discomfort
- Yoga Mat Sandwich
- Azodicarbonamide is used to bleach flour; also used to bleach foamed plastic (soles of sneakers and yoga mats)
- Found in: Bread, frozen dinners, boxed pasta and packaged baked goods
- Banned in: Australia, U. K. and Singapore (you can get 15 years in jail for using this chemical in food here)
- Health Hazards: Induces asthma
- Medicated Meat
- Ractopamine is a drug used to make animals more muscular; similar chemicals are used in asthma medication
- Found in: Pork and beef
- Banned in: European Union, Russia and China
- Health Hazards: Weight gain, increased heart rate, insomnia, headaches, and tremors
- Cancerous Preservatives
- Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA) and butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT) are chemicals used to stop food from spoiling
- Found in: Cereal, chewing gum, butter, dehydrated potatoes, etc.
- Banned in: United Kingdom, Japan and many European countries
- Health Hazards: Known to cancer and tumors in rats
- Carrageenan: Can’t Say it? Don’t Eat it!
- Carrageenan is used as an emulsifier and thickener; can be especially dangerous to young children
- Found in: Processed dairy goods (baby formula, ice cream, yogurt, even organic brands!)
- Banned in: Infant formulas in the European Union
- Health Hazards: Causes gastrointestinal problems and cancer
- Run-to-the-Bathroom Chips
- Olestra was created as a substitute for cooking oil. This chemical robs the body’s ability to absorb vitamins.
- Found in: Fat-free potato chips, corn chips and French fries
- Banned in: UK and Canada
- Health Hazards: Oily anal leakage and vitamin depletion
Reference: Higher Perspective. 16 Foods So Bad For You They’re BANNED in Some Countries, But Not America. http://higherperspective.com/2014/05/16-foods-bad-theyre-banned-countries-america.html?utm_source=MAM# July 7, 2014.
Please visit our website for the PDF versions of these blogs! Pentz Family Chiropractic of Summerville, South Carolina. (843) 879-9824